Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Music.

(Day 29: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories)

Wow. This is a hard one.

I wish I had seen this one well in advance so I had longer to think about it.  I'm sure these choices wouldn't be my ultimate list if I had the time to ponder. .. but I think I'm all about the "what strikes you now" list today.

1 - Saves the Day - Sell My Old Clothes I'm Off to Heaven

"There's a beautiful sky tonight and if you were by my side we could share it but you're gone."

I think of this one every time I see an amazing moon.  So much crazy imagery in this. Brings me back to high school. 

2 - Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter

None of the lyrics really applied to us except the title of the song.. but my dad would sing this when I was little.  (My maiden name is Brown..)

3 - Nirvana - About A Girl

When I was in middle/high school Nirvana was a huge obsession of mine. This was definitely a favorite.

4 - The Blow - True Affection

"But because it's real doesn't mean it's gonna work."

Call back to a strange time when my love life was crazy and up in the air.  

5 - Iz - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Reminds me of Maui. And my wedding day. Amazing.