Monday, May 20, 2013

Motivation.

(Day 20: Share something you're struggling with right now.)

I'm not sure if this counts, but I struggle with being motivated.

In fact, I wrote that first sentence and then got distracted by the internet for 20 minutes before writing this one.

In honesty though, this is something I struggle with on a daily basis. Currently, it is the struggle to be more healthy: eat better, be more active, and generally treat my mind and body better.

The problem is: tomorrow. 

"Oh, I can eat that today because tomorrow I'll start eating healthier." 

"Today I can sleep a little longer because tomorrow I'm going to get up early and exercise."

I also mean to better myself mentally. I would love to be conversational in Spanish. I would love to strengthen and grow my writing. I would love to learn a new skill in 2013.

Motivation is easier for me with a partner. I lean on Josh to encourage me to run. I just scheduled a bi-weekly session with a friend to start improving my Spanish. The blogging community has motivated me to start writing every day. 

Hopefully, fingers crossed, 2013 will be a more motivated year all together.

No comments: