Wednesday, May 1, 2013

250 Words of Me.

Here upon is the first entry in a void of blog-less days.  Here is the first of my May blog Challenge.  Here is: Describe yourself in 250 words.


Vagrant. Vagabond. Searching. Wandering.

I was born in the Philippines, adopted at 4 days old and whisked away to the States as a mere babe of 2.  I spent my childhood jumping home to home -- Wisconsin, New Delhi, New Jersey, Ohio, then suburbs of Chicago.  High school was fairly stable; 4 years at the same school -- made friends, explored the city, got really into music and the local scene, frequented used CD shops, basement shows and the Metro.  College took me to Wisconsin where I spent 3 years getting to know and breaking the heart of my first love.  A move to Madison turned me into a worker bee at a big time software company.  Two years later, my wanderlust itched and I sold my belongs to travel the US looking for a new home; cross-country in two months (more new friends, more new experiences), 3 months in SF, 3 months in Maui.  Then, in a whirl, it was back to Wisco for the love my life.. but when winter struck, he followed suit and left behind work/home to journey to SE Asia for a season.  Travel tired, we settled in San Francisco and here we have made our new life.  Here is where our home is: our kitten, our house, new/old friends, sun, city and adventure.  

Yet I am still wondering.. Where next?


Thanks to Natalie for the inspiration: Looking Through the Lens

No comments: