Thursday, May 2, 2013

Everything In Its Right Place.

(Day 2 of the blogging challenge)


Hmm.. Something I know a lot about or something I am good at.

This is a toughie.

I don't have a whole plethora of knowledge about one particular thing. .. . But that mural over there?  Oh, it was painted in the 1980's by a group commemorating the annual Carnivale celebration that San Francisco celebrates in May.  Why May instead of February or March as tradition dictates?  Because the City wanted to take advantage of the wonderful Spring weather.  Wouldn't want those scantily clad women freezing on those floats!  

The torn down theater?  It used to be one of the many single house theaters lining Mission Street.  Currently, it is to be remodeled and reborn as a new 5-screen cinema with hipster flair -- serving eclectic foods and alcohol akin to the new MBC and the forth-coming mini-golf course.  Next door, they are putting up more condos, though these promise to be affordable housing for those displaced by raised rent and higher cost of living.  The old theater across the street?  It will be resurrected as two things: a restaurant and gym -- hopefully somehow mixed together!

. ..  

So scratch that.  I guess there's no fountain of knowledge here.. 

But what am I good at?  .. .. . Also.. Long pause.

This may be a stretch and it also may be a slight form of OCD, but I'm organized as hell.  I am awesome at making sure everything is done, everything is clean and everything is in its right damn place.

So I make damn good coffee!  My station is clean, my stock is full.  I'm constantly aware of what my co-worker's need and what the store is wanting.  Your made-just-for-you cup of coffee?  I brewed that with just the right amount of beans, just the perfect amount of water, stirred and waited the exact amount of time.  Cream and sugar need adjusting?  No worries!  Hand that back and I'll make it just right!

So I give damn good tours!  My vendors are ready for us.  My route is set. My local lore is up to date.  I make sure the food we sample is something my taste buds crave on a regular basis.  I make sure I know what new murals are up and what's interesting about them.  I keep track of my monthly billing.  I keep track of my out of pocket expenses.  I keep track of how many people I show around -- what day it was, what they liked, what they didn't.  I learn from my experiences and I only get better.


My room is clean (read: presentable) and my home clutterless. Spreadsheets? I got that! Lists? Checked off and completed!

As for my life path. ... That still is unknown journey.  

Throw me a curveball; I got this.


No comments: