Friday, May 3, 2013

Little Comforts.

(Day 3: Things that Make You Comfortable)

Food, blankets, kittens.

I love to eat. True story, no joke. And it's comfort food I crave -- carbs on carbs on carbs. I believe yesterday I had rice with all my meals. You can't catch me on a day when I'm not eating pasta of some sort. Food makes me happy. Happy and full. Catch me when my lunch break is running late. Or when I'm lost and it's early afternoon and I can't find a bite to eat for the life of me. You don't want to mess with a Hangry Lily. Trust me. 

I also love to be warm. Oh, there's a slight breeze? Throw me that cardigan. Did the sun go down? Wrap me in a fuzzy blanket. Nothing pleases me more than a balmy evening, sitting outside with the sand in my toes.

Lastly.. Kittens. How can you not love a good cuddly ball of fluff? It's mornings like this one when I meant to get up a good half hour earlier but couldn't. Little Goober-cat all curled up in the crook of my knees and purring. Soft. Sleepy.

Such are the little comforts in my life.


No comments: