Friday, May 17, 2013

Lots.

(Day 16: Something Difficult about Your Lot in Life and How You Overcome It)

Turns out I had to look up the phrase "lot in life" to see how it was technically defined. From the answered gleaned on Google, it seemed that it was more of an "acceptance" phrase, a la: I am stuck in this dead-end job. Oh well, I guess it's just my lot in life.

I feel like I don't really have an accurate answer for this. 

Today, my life is almost exactly where I expected and I am in love with it.

This is not to say that life is perfect. However, I feel like even though there are difficulties, both day-to-day and long-term, I don't accept them as simply my "lot in life." I live by the philosophy that life is what you make it. I have the power to change my situation. I have to ability to alter the course of my life. If I am unhappy, I can do something to fix it.

Working towards making yourself better can be hard. There are setbacks. There are days when I am too lazy to do anything. But, little by little, things are looking up.

No comments: