Sunday, May 12, 2013

Missing.

(Day 12: What/Who Do You Miss)

This is hands down my father. 

Arthur John Alexander Brown passed away back before I had a chance to share so many things with him. I think I hadn't really grown into myself yet. I hadn't really gotten past the "me" stage of high school and college. I hadn't really taken the time to develop the relationship with him I wish I could have.

It's the little things I miss sharing with him. Sitting down with a crossword. Playing Scrabble. Talking of travels. (I miss listening to his stories. I miss not having the chance to explore more with him.) Cooking. Eating. Laughing.

There are a lot of things I remember we did together.  There are a lot of things I have forgotten.  

There are very many things that have happened since he died that I wish he could have seen/experienced.  And there are very many things to come that I know I will wish he could be there for.



No comments: